There are many non profit organizations who rely on volunteers to be able to operate smoothly. By getting involved and volunteering in something you enjoy is very rewarding and you would be making a direct difference in your community in Western PEI.
Why People Volunteer
People volunteer for a number of reasons, especially wanting to help others.
- Help the community and others
- Connects you with others
- Good for your mind and body
- Personal growth
- Brings fun and fulfillment to their life
- Learn new things
- Gain new skills and experience
- Enjoy something that they love
How to Find the Right Volunteer Opportunity
- Would you like to work with people or would you rather work in solitude?
- Do you prefer to work alone or as part of a team?
- Are you better behind the scenes or do you prefer to take a more visible role?
- How much time are you willing to commit?
- How much responsibility are you ready to take on?
- What skills can you bring a volunteer job?
- What causes are important to you?
If you would like to get involved please take the time to look through our Volunteer Organization Directory , with over 80 organizations listed, and take the first step in making a difference!